Great news, we are looking to start Drivers Ed. back up for a 2022 summer session.
Please note, there are TWO (2) Application Forms that must be filled out to be accepted for class. We have a Digital Form and Paper Signature Form. The Online Form must be filled out and submitted. This document must also be filled out, signed, and then returned to school for verification.
Class Days: Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
Class Times: 8:00am -10am. Classes held in Room #127
(BTW) DRIVES: 2 scheduled (1.5 hour) drives each week, and 2 (4 hour) drives to finish and pass the class. .
Applications will be accepted, for this session only, through May 20th.
Class List will be posted in the office by May 24th
PERMIT: You may apply for your waiver and get your Permit 10 days from class start date. See below for full information. Also: State DOL will have full information and steps to get your waiver/Permit
COST: The cost for the Drivers Ed course is $400.00, due by the first day of class (6th).
Checks must be made out to SWHS TSE and dropped off at the ASB office.
- 15-15½ years old
- First step is to sign up with a driver training school.
- Your driver training school will send us a waiver electronically so you can get your permit.
- Get your permit 1-10 days before you start your course. Holidays and weekends are included.
- For example, if your course starts on the 20th of the month, you need to get your permit between the 10th and 19th.
- 15½ or older
- If you're enrolled in a driver training course follow the steps above for 15-15½ years old.
- If you're not signed up for a driver training course yet:
- You'll need to pass the knowledge test before you can get your permit.
- If you don't take a driver training course, you can get a permit but you'll need to wait until you're 18 or older to get your driver license.
Waiver: The waiver is for students who don't already have their permit.
If you need a waiver, this is how it works and why. The main purpose of the permit waiver is to be able to bypass taking the written test prior to the class. Once the student completes the class, they should have learned the info necessary to pass the test. Also, if you are under 15 and a half in age you can not get a permit without the online waiver completed by us.
*** If you already have a Washington State ID card you will not need to create the permit number. The state Id number will be what is used to okay the waiver and will be your permit number. Send that number to your instructor and we will validate your online waiver.
New online waivers and certificate process: How to get your permit!
There are no longer paper waivers that are handed out. All legal paperwork is now done online.
- You will need to go online and create your own permit number on the DOL website.
- On-line Application
- It is very important that you put only your legal name (info as written on birth certificate)-no nicknames!
- After this permit number is created you will need to email me your permit number so I can go online and okay your waiver.
- Once you do this, you can go to the DOL and get your permit without taking the written test.
- Take your birth certificate.
- If you already have a permit number, you will still need to email that number to me too.
- This is important for records and I need it to complete your class completion online at the end of the class.
- I check for payments prior to registering you for the waivers before giving the okay.
Do not go to the DOL until I verify I have completed the online waiver, they will send you away with no permit :(
NOTE THE WAIVER IS GOOD 10 DAYS PRIOR TO START DATE OF CLASS-NO SOONER than Friday, September 2nd . So you will have one week prior to class to get to the DOL, get your permit, and be ready to drive.