SWHS / SWA SENIOR PHOTO INFORMATION:
YOUR SENIOR YEAR HAS ARRIVED!
All Senior Photos must be received by January 15th
SUBMITTING SENIOR PHOTO
All students will need to have a senior photo in the yearbook. For us to place photos accurately, they must be saved in the format Lastname_firstname 12.jpg. Submissions not following this format or the correct sizing cannot be guaranteed for inclusion in the yearbook.
- ADDRESS: Submit photo to: YEARBOOK@SW.WEDNET.EDU
- DATE: on or before the January, 15th deadline.
- SIZE: Make sure the image size of your photo is 2” Wide x 3” Tall
- RESOLUTION: 300 dpi (High Resolution)
- FILE NAME: Lastname_firstname 12.jpg i.e. Flintstone Fred 12.jpg
- NOTE: All Seniors need to have a photo for the Senior Section of the book. If you do not submit a photo, we will have to use a Lifetouch school photo from earlier years. So please, submit a current photo to help us make this a memorable Yearbook.
SENIOR PHOTO SPECIFICATIONS:
- Photo Size... 2” x 3” - 300 dpi resolution (vertically oriented)
- Face Size... Needs to be clearly seen.
- Background... outdoor or indoor - uncluttered & free of distractions
- Pose... Standing or sitting; head and torso is best. Other types of poses are subject to approval from the Yearbook Editor and Administration.
- Orientation... must be straight up and down; Please see some examples to the right.
- Please NO... Logos, props, hats (unless the face is clearly seen and fits aesthetically with pose), pets (unless approved ahead of time by Yearbook Editor), sunglasses, soft focus or applied filters.
- Attire...Recommend no hands and/or arms near or touching the face. South Whidbey High School Dress Code Regulations apply. No clothing with political references or illegal substances and/or violence
DEADLINE... January 15th
SENIOR PHOTO OPTIONS
Option 1: Professional Photographer (Best Option)
- This is the easiest and best option for a high quality senior portrait.
- Most of the local Photographers have been provided with the specifications for senior photos and will format the photo you select to have featured in the yearbook. Please check with your photographer to make sure they know the specifications.
- Remember, for this option, the earlier you schedule, the better. Photographers’ schedules fill up quickly during the summer.
Option 2: Take Your Own Photo (Must follow guidelines)
- If you have a friend or a family member who can take a high-quality portrait, you may use this option.
- Submit a digital file to: YEARBOOK@SW.WEDNET.EDU
- Must be saved as a High Resolution (minimum 300 dpi) JPEG file and in this format: lastname_firstname 12.jpg
- Make sure the file name is the students name & spelling they wish to use for the Yearbook.
- Only one file can be submitted, do not send multiples.
- Yearbook staff reserves the right to decide if a submitted photo can be used or not.
- Photo vertically oriented. Tall not Landscape
- Background should be uncluttered and free of distraction
- Pose is standing or sitting, head and upper torso in the picture
- Submit photo to: YEARBOOK@SW.WEDNET.EDU
- Make sure the image size of your photo is 2” wide x 3” Tall - 300 dpi (resolution).
Option 3: Yearbook Staff Member can take your Senior Portrait for you. Please contact Mr. Greene at (email@example.com) to set this up for you.
SENIOR PHOTO QUICK INFORMATION
DUE DATE JANUARY 15th
SENIOR PHOTO SUBMIT When ready to send your Senior Photo, please click on the Email link: YEARBOOK@SW.WEDNET.EDU NOTE: Make sure you have renamed it before sending. It must be named properly for processing.
PHOTO SIZE: 2” x 3”
RESOLUTION: 300 dpi(High Resolution)
FILE NAME: Lastname_firstname 12.jpg i.e. Flintstone Fred 12.jpg NOTE: Please ensure to check the name on the Photo BEFORE Submitting: This is the name and spelling that will be used for the book. We need to make sure that we have the correct spelling for the Student. ADDRESS: Submit photo to: Yearbook@sw.wednet.edu.
BUY YOUR YEARBOOK ONLINE NOW
Jostens Online Store Only $50.00 Price increases to $60.00 after February 1st
SENIOR PHOTOS January 15th
SENIOR GRAD AD February 1st 2022
SENIOR QUOTE & WILL January 15th
CONTACT Yearbook Email: Yearbook@sw.wednet.edu